Re: Debian on RS/6000 E30

Amadeu Junior said:
> Hi ...
>
> I'm brazilian and my English is horrible !!!
>
> let's go...
>
> I'm trying boot a IBM RS/6000 E30 powerpc 604e-233Mhz, 512Mb RAM,
> 5*9,1Gb (SCSI), etc...
>
> I've been reading from
> http://home.tiscali.be/philippe_andersson/rs6000.html
>    and
>          http://home.tiscali.be/philippe_andersson/rs6000-instproc.html
> but it don't work. I can't make a workable floppy disk for this
> machine, it just don't boot.
>
> I used a zImage.prep from Leigh's patch...
>
> Anyone help me please...  I'm confused !!!
>
> Is this machine prep or chrp boot?

It is PReP.  You will need a patched kernel to boot it.  I suggest
trying this one:

http://www.solinno.co.uk/7043-140/files/2.4.22/zImage.prep

I highly recommend using a serial console to install (if you aren't
already).

Please describe exactly what happens when you try to boot the image
from the floppy.  e.g. does it attempt to read the image?  How long
is the floppy drive on for, etc. etc.

Cheers,

Leigh.