Re: Problem, installing Debian on RS6000 P43-140

On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 13:30, Juergen Braun wrote:
> > What additional parameter must be specified, that Linux is booting from
> > the initial ramdisk?
> > Linux/PPC load: load_ramdisk=1 console=ttyS0
> Found it myself:
> Linux/PPC load: root=/dev/ram load_ramdisk=1 console=ttyS0
>
> Will try now to install, but I guess, that it will fail , cause the scsi
> controller hasn't been detected.
>
> jaybe

With debian installer, the hardware are discovered later, and the boot
messages like you/copy paste are not important for hardware support.
Just go through the install process to the detect hardware and partition
hard drive? You'll see if your card is detected or not

Nicolas