Re: How to install Debian Sarge on pegasos?

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 01:11:58PM +0200, Niklaus Giger wrote:
> Hi
>
> I cannot find any recent pointer on howto install Debian Sarge on a newly
> acquired Pegasos-1 board.

Ask again on monday.

The real problem is that the current d-i images are too big for the pegasos 1
OF. You may be able to make it work with :

  http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/images/2004-07-02/powerpc/netboot/vmlinuz-chrp.initrd

But this is rather old, and you may face some d-i bugs or too new .udebs in
sarge to make it work.

I will try to create a d-i image with a smaller initrd on monday.

> I managed to install gentoo on it, but would like to install Debian as I am
> far more familiar with it.
>
> I tried the
> http://people.debian.org/~luther/pegasos/older/pegasos1/pegasos_installer but
> it wouldn't even boot.

Well, i should have erased those. Also, make sure you _NEVER_ try to use those
in the pegasos/DONTUSE directory, those will kill your harddisk without
warning.

Friendly,

Sven Luther