Rescuing a broken kernel compile

Hiya all,

In an attempt to try and get my new DWL-122 USB Wireless working I tried
to compile a new kernel using debian kernel sources I seem to have made
my systems unbootable. The problem appears that the kernel package
didn't create an initrd and also housed the modules directory making the
'old' section in yaboot not an option. (I have two debian packaged
kernels installed - 2.6.7 and 2.6.8. I was trying to recompile 2.6.8)
Using the net-install CD I can modify the yaboot.conf file but I can't
run ybin (is this what I am suposed to do???).

Can anyone help me ??? At the moment the kernel panics after it trys and
loads the root fs.

Looking formward to any suggestions people can provide me with.

Michael Hunt