Re: Which scripts are run on suspend (iBook)?

On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 05:13:01PM +0200, Thomas Otto wrote:
> Hi!

Hi Thomas,

> I want to lock my X display with xlock prior to suspending my iBook yet
> I couldn't find any scripts that are run just before the lid is closed
> or the powerbutton pressed.
>
> /etc/power/{pwrctl-local,*} is only run when an AC adapter is attached
> or detached yet I couldn'd find anything which is run just before
> suspend (afterwards would have the feeling of a race condition). Do I
> have to mess with the pmud sources myself or are there other ways to
> achieve locking at that moment (preferably with a -forceLogout <minutes>
> equivalent)?

you probably want a current version of pbbuttonsd which conflicts with pmud
as it provides all the functionality of pmud and a lot more, one thing
being an init-scripts-like system to call stuff before suspend and after
resume in these directories:

/etc/power/scripts.d	# scripts
/etc/power/suspend.d	# symbolic links
/etc/power/resume.d     # symbolic links

The file /etc/power/README explains this in more detail.

> Regards
>
>    -Thomas

Johannes
--
 3. The most fun you can have with your clothes on.