Re: Reverse XTerm

Michel Dänzer wrote:

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 14:21, Zach Weinberg wrote:
Yesterday night, i ran apt-get upgrade on my Sarge Powerbook 3400. I did not reboot and for the rest of the night, everything seemed to be working fine. But this morning after I'd booted up the machine and loaded X, i opened up XTerm to find that the font was backwards.each letter was reversed. Other terminal emulators (aterm, eterm, etc) did not exhibiit the exact same behavior. When typing in aterm and eterm, regular text was forwards, but highlighted text was reverse. And any text based console program run inside one of the terminal emulators exhibited the exact same symptoms as XTerm.

Could be an X driver acceleration issue. What does

grep expansion /var/log/XFree86.0.log

say?

arthas:~# grep expansion /var/log/XFree86.0.log
            CPU to Screen color expansion
            Screen to Screen color expansion
                         27 8x8 color expansion slots
arthas:~#

Doesn't seem to me to be a driver problem... what would I be looking for anyway?

Thanks for the help,

Zach Weinberg