Re: 2.6.6 on Blue&White G3

> > Why do the drives get numbered in a different order?
>
> In 2.4, the drivers for both your controllers were built into the
> kernel.  They probably got probed in alphabetical order, which

Nope, they get probed in the precise order that is defined in the IDE
driver (there's a lengthy struct populated with IDE driver inits in the
code, the order of which may be governed by subtle rules like which
driver init might interfere with others, and the IDE maintainer will
sure have my head for suggesting to tamper with the list :-).

Move ide_pmac up in this list to have it always probed first. Isn´t
there a config option ´prob eonboard chipsets first´in 2.6? What does it
do in this case?

	Michael