Re: Screen is brighter on MacOSX than on Linux

On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 18:30, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> I have the feeling that the LCD is brighter when I'm on OSX than when I'm on
> Linux. At least, I do find it too dark.
>
> I saw in the radeon fb driver that the backlight wasn't fully ON on purpose,
> but I don't know what the values mean here (and I'd like to avoid breaking my
> LCD :p)
>
> I have an 12" iBook G4 800
>
> Thanks in advance for any information

I created those 2 tables based on machines I had back then, "peeking" at
the values MacOS would use. I suspect they may not be accurate for
recent machines. I think I know a way to extract the proper range from
darwin, though I haven't had time to make progress on that yet.

Ben