Re: Linux vs Mac OS 10.3(Panther)

On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 11:30, Rob Latham wrote:
> On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 06:22:39PM -0400, Albert Cahalan wrote:

> > forget about streaming video and flash
>
> mplayer and mplayer-plugin make streaming video a little less painful,
> but yeah, it's about 6 months before support for the latest codecs
> shows up (pretty fast turnaround, if you ask me :> )

So you can just point your web browser at a popular
news site and watch the video clips?

http://www.cnn.com/
http://www.msnbc.com/
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/default.stm

Skip-free full-screen video from an encrypted DVD too?

I'd especially love a solution that was solid enough
that I didn't have to worry about software upgrades
breaking it.