Dim video on a G3

        I have an Apple Power Macintosh G3 desktop 233 MHz, it is
running Debian testing (basically).  It boots with BootX.

        Attached to it is an Apple Multiple Scan 720 Display.

        Some days ago my wife was with our eleven-months son in her
lap, and while she was distracted he banged furiously at the keyboard.
The screen went dim, we can hardly see anything.

        A friend just tried setting the flyback, he got the screen
brighter but without any contrast... so I am guessing it is either a
hardware problem about the signal strength, or (more probably) my son
activated some OpenFirmware magic combination.

        Any ideas?  Am I doomed to go to Apple repair?

        Thanks in advance.

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra  +55 (11) 5685 2219
mailto:leandro@dutra.fastmail.fm        +55 (11) 5686 9607