Re: ibook G4 questions

On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 06:58:15PM -0400, Scott Henson wrote:
> how do I get the caps lock key to turn into a
> control key on a 2.6 kernel? I have goolgled for this extensively and I
> can't seem to find anything useful.

I'm actually rather surprised this doesn't come up more often, but way
back in August 2001 two patches were proposed:

I use a variant of this patch: once in a while i get into
"ctrl-lock", but if i hit the real caps lock and ctrl keys a couple
times it goes away.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2001/08/msg01075.html

This patch doesn't actually switch ctrl and caps lock.  It just fakes
the keypress events so that xmodmap can actually switch them.

==rob

--
Rob Latham                                        Chicago, IL USA