iBook G4 swsusp status

I patched a vanilla 2.6.5 kernel with the pmdisk patch Guido sent to list.

Now, this is my status so far:

therm_adt746x module has to be removed ( thermostat task could not be stopped otherwise )
ohci_hcd module has to be removed ( this usb driver would crash otherwise )

suspend from the console works then. resume to the console works but as soon as I switch back
to the graphics console, the system locks up, showing a garbled screen.

Any ideas what I could try to recover the graphic console without crashing?

 -Arne