Re: 2.4.25-ben1 hangs -- DMA timeout

Hi,

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 15:07:44 +1000
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org> wrote:

> Difficult to say, the error seem to indicate the drive is locked up,
> the actual reason for that is unknown. You can try other cables or
> you can try without the CDROM...

I didn't try to remove the CDROM, but it is likely to be due to a
bad cable (the CDROM is having read problems...).

I found a workaround, which was to transfer larger files in
chunks using dd... don't ask me why, but it worked. I was planning
to remove the drive from the machine anyway, so everything is fine.

Thanks,
Simon

--
Simon Vallet
Due to massive spam, the address shown in the From: header