Re: when executing mplayer, xine etc. ibook crash

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 19:13, Matthias Kirschner wrote:
> Hello Ben,
> sorry for my bad description of the problem.
>
> * Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org> [2004-04-15 15:40:54 +1000]:
>
> > It would be more useful if you could explain what you mean by "crash"
> > _precisely_
> By crash, I mean that X freeze and I can't do anything. I have to switch
> off and reboot.
>
> What else do you have to know? Any configs, log messages?? It's a iBook
> G4, Radeon 9200.

It's difficult to say what's up at this point. You might be loading the
wrong sound driver, or something else is going bad, like XFree crashing,
so far, you are the only person reporting that specific problem, so I
suppose something is wrong with your config. Can you try compiling the
kernel with the default pmac_defconfig, just remove the "pmac zilog"
driver ?

Ben.