Re: instalation on a tricky 7500/100 with metabox G4

I'm pretty sure you can't use quik or yaboot to boot a 7500. You will need a partition with a Mac OS 8 or 9 installation so you initially start up in Mac OS, and then switch to Linux with BootX.

If you can tolerate this, the happy news is that it really works fine, I have an 8500 that I'm very attached to, that worked quite poorly when I got OS X installed on it, but that works great with Linux.

Mike
--
Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com

    "I give you this one rule of conduct. Do what you will, but speak
     out always. Be shunned, be hated, be ridiculed, be scared,
     be in doubt, but don't be gagged."
     -- John J. Chapman, "Make a Bonfire of Your Reputations"
        http://www.goingware.com/reputation/