Re: X problem ibook 2.2

On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 13:24, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 01:03:34PM +0200, Kiko Piris wrote:
> >
> > 1.- That one needed Michel Dänzer dri-trunk modules to get dri in 2.4
> > branch is *reeeeally old* news (very old, indeed). Not ppc exclusive
> > btw.

It's so old that it hasn't been strictly true for a while.

> Yeah, apart that a few month ago, Michel and Branden told me not to do
> that anymore, but to use the kernel packages to provide those modules,
> so ..

You're mixing up issues. xlibmesa-drm-src was discontinued because:

      * The canonical source of the DRM is DRI CVS. drm-trunk-module-src
        and 2.6 kernels provide reasonably up-to-date snapshots. Current
        2.4 kernels also provide a not-too-old snapshot which should
        work in most cases, with the notable exception of AGP bridges
        like UniNorth.
      * XFree86 releases OTOH basically provide a random and unsupported
        snapshot.