Re: G5 & Debian-installer

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 03:40:36PM +0200, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Scott McMahan writes:
>
> > Any thoughts?
>
> Yes.  The power4 kernel in debian-installer is hosed.  I rebuilt the
> kernel from kernel-source-2.4.25 with kernel-patch-2.4.25-powerpc
> applied, using the g5_defconfig file from Ben's tree with devfs
> enabled.  And it worked nicely.

Err, would you please care about sending a bug report about this problem ?
I asked for G5 tests since some time now, but nobody cared to try it
out.

> I'll narrow down the problem once Debian is installed on that G5.

Yes, please, we need to have this kernel fixed well before d-i beta4.

Ideally, we should have a 2.6 aware debian-installer for beta4 too.

Friendly,

Sven Luther