Re: 2.6.4 boot+modules and /dev/null and new problems (ssh && mol)

> > Hi!
> >
> > I just compiled a 2.6.4 (main tree), and i'm
> testing
> > all (tibook 1GHz G4).
> >
> > Till now, all works (steal not finish testing all
> > hardware), i just have 2 problems:
> >
> > at boot time i don't have my usb mouse working. I
> had
> > in /etc/modprobe.conf:
> >
> > install hid  /sbin/modprobe ohci-hcd &&
> /sbin/modprobe
> > --ignore-install hid
> >
> > but don't work. I have no messages why not
> working.
> >
> > I made a script in /etc/init.d/ so when the box
> boot
> > it just load the modules:
> >
> > /sbin/modprobe ohci-hcd
> > /sbin/modprobe usbmouse
>
> just put them in /etc/modules file (not
> modules.conf);
> the former is used to load modules at machine
> startup.

ok, i'll try

> > and mouse is working.
> >
> > How i made this in module.conf?
>
> [see above]
>

> > The other problem is /dev/null. It constantly
> changes
> > its perms:
> >
> > $ls -alh /dev/null
> > crw-------    1 root     root  ...  /dev/null
>
> do you use devfs ?
> could you please provide your .config ?

ok, i attach it

> > (this is the perms when boot)
> >
> > so i can't make much as user. I make a "su" and
> change
> > to 666, so i can work again.
> >
> > What keeps changing /dev/null perms?
> > A process?
>
> could be.... did you install udev ? (I'm not telling
> you to do so ;))

nop, udev is not installed

> > A kernel config?
> >
> > Thanks.

Now that you have my config, i have other problems:

ssh just don't start. no error message, no pid file,
but it says:

# /etc/init.d/ssh start
Starting OpenBSD Secure Shell server: sshd.

but do nothing.

mol doesn't install:

#dpkg -i mol_0.9.70-1_powerpc.deb
(Reading database ... 96051 files and directories
currently installed.)
Preparing to replace mol 0.9.70-1 (using
mol_0.9.70-1_powerpc.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement mol ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of
mol:
 mol depends on mol-drivers; however:
  Package mol-drivers is not installed.
  Package mol-drivers-macosx which provides
mol-drivers is not configured yet.
  Package mol-drivers-linux which provides mol-drivers
is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing mol (--install):
 mol

#dpkg -i mol-drivers-linux_0.9.70+1-1_powerpc.deb
(Reading database ... 96051 files and directories
currently installed.)
Preparing to replace mol-drivers-linux 0.9.70+1-1
(using mol-drivers-linux_0.9.70+1-1_powerpc.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement mol-drivers-linux ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of
mol-drivers-linux:
 mol-drivers-linux depends on mol (>=
0.9.68+20030225-1); however:
  Package mol is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing mol-drivers-linux (--install):
 mol-drivers-linux

mol needs mol-modules, but mol-modules needs mol.

How can i fix this?

Thanks