Re: Strange modem prob on pismo, redux

> If someone could give me an idea how to proceed, I will be most
> grateful. Either some explanation of how the modem connection process
> could differ under linux and MacOS, or some advice for how to debug
> what is happening without a working modem speaker.

For one, check if your init string is correct. It's also possible
that MacOS d/l an upgraded firmware to the modem (check the version
strings with ATI0, ATI1, etc...

I suppose you have extracted the proper modem init string from
MacOS connect script too ?

The modem is just HW on a serial port, nothing special, except if
the new pmac_zilog driver in 2.6 has a problem...

Ben.