Re: gtkpbbuttons 0.6.2 unofficial package

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 06:53:34PM +0100, Wolfram Quester wrote:
> FWIW, shortly after installing gtkpbbuttons and using it with the MacOSX
> theme my PB G4 12" crashed. I don't know if this is related to the new
> program versions though, but normally it runs very stable. I could not
> reproduce it.

Well, I can't help much on this. I'm using the two packages since a few
hours and all works well ... I can just wait for other user experiences
and possibly forward the bug upstream.

> Another interesting thing is that I can't switch my display off with that
> new version of pbbuttonsd. I can do it with the old version. Now I can't

Yes, me too. This is definitely an upstream change, I haven't digged in
the changelog to check if it's desired or not. I can ask upstream author
on this too.

> But everything I criticise is related to the proggram itself, not to
> packaging I guess and it is done without much reading and thinking.

Yes, indeed. Could you please forward this requests upstream?

I'm definitely not willing to become the maintainer for the packages
since I don't have time for them. I've did the packaging just because I
found both official packages in a too out of date state ...

So I would appreciate if someone will take time to talk with upstream
author for whishlist items.

BTW the problem I've signaled some days ago of double wake up is solved
with pbbuttonsd latest version.

Cheers and thanks for the feedback!