Re: [iBook G4] network installation

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 09:19:31 -0500
Derrik Pates <dpates@dsdk12.net> wrote:

> Well, the problem is that your 'yaboot' is named 'yaboot.txt'. However,
> you should specify an absolute path, like 'boot hd:3,\yaboot.txt'. Try
> that and see if it works (it should).

Oh shit, your right! I fear it was such a silly stuff... However now boot off
but don't recognize the ATA100 bus. I've read that the benh's kernel sources
have this problem fixed so i'm rsyncing them, but i have to recompile it under a
Debian on a desktop i686 kernel 2.4.20: could you figure me out the major steps
to do pls? I think there'll be some special vars or options to set before
or while menuconfiguring or cross-compiling, right? Documentation links are
welcome!

Maybe there is a way to compile on the same arch just after the netbooting of
the diskless machine...

Thanks

--
Bower's Law: