partitioning problems with g3 blue and white.

hello,
I try to install debian on a g3 400mhz 750mo ram.
I can create the partitions and write the partition table, but when comes the time to initialise and format the partition the installer crashes.
I tried with the woody installer, the xfs installer, and also the sarge beta 3 installer.
It crashes either on swap initilisation, ext2, ext3, reiserfs.
The sarge installer doesn't seem to require a bootstrap partition of 800ko, is it normal ?

I am thinking to try to partition and format from a PC, is it possible and if yes what steps are necessary to make the hd work on a mac ?

I managed to network boot also, maybe I could boot on system tools and do the partitioning from them.

Bye.