Re: Recording a CD freezes my keyboard and trashes the system.

On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 11:55, Jesus Climent wrote:

> Having my iBook2.2 with a CD recorder and 2.6.3-ben2, when I try to burn a CD
> the keyboard gets stuck.
>
> Furthermore, when connecting from another machine to perform a reboot, the
> system just gets trashed, and i have to do a cold-reset.
>
> The configuration for the kernel has been set to that I do not have ide-scsi
> emulation, but ATAPI access.

Which tool do you use for burning, and with what options? I noticed this
in the cdrecord changelog:

cdrtools (4:2.0+a26-1) unstable; urgency=low

[...]

  * Patch libscg to stop it from opening /dev/hda when it was told
    explicitely to open /dev/hdc by dev=ATA:1,0,0. (am) (Closes:
    #228215, #230127)

And indeed dev=ATA:xxx didn't work last time I tried, but dev=/dev/cdrom
did.

HTH