no Framebuffer on iBook G4

Hi,

after the boot promt when the kernel prints its first messages, the font
is another font then this one I get when the system is booted. It is
larger and more readable. I tried to switch the font with the kernel
argument "video=radeon,font:8x16" but nothing changed. I have a console
with 128x48 characters with a very small font.

Is it possible to run without a framebuffer like the console on a i386
machine? How can I change the font?

$ grep -i font'\|'radeon /boot/config-2.6.3-ben2
CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=m
# CONFIG_FB_RADEON_OLD is not set
CONFIG_FB_RADEON=y
CONFIG_FB_RADEON_I2C=y
# CONFIG_FB_RADEON_DEBUG is not set
CONFIG_FONTS=y
CONFIG_FONT_8x8=y
CONFIG_FONT_8x16=y
CONFIG_FONT_6x11=y
CONFIG_FONT_PEARL_8x8=y
CONFIG_FONT_ACORN_8x8=y
CONFIG_FONT_MINI_4x6=y
CONFIG_FONT_SUN8x16=y
CONFIG_FONT_SUN12x22=y

Regards, Joerg.

--
Erfahrung heißt gar nichts. Man kann seine Sache auch 35 Jahre schlecht
machen.