installing sarge on Motorola PowerStack...

I succesfully booted the Powerstack with  this initrd:
http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/vmlinuz-2.4.22-powerpc-prep.initrd

It boots without problems... It downloads the installer components without
any problems but then it complains about not finding the cdrom drivers. In
the console i can see that it does not find the drivers for my scsi
controler .. and does not find the drivers for the network card.. but  it
downloaded
the installer components only seconds before.. and you can ping to the
network card from an external comp without problems...
The missing modules are: tulip for the networkcard, and sym53c8xx for
scsi...
Has anybody else tried to install sarge on a powerstack?