Re: regression xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk_2004.02.28-2_powerpc.deb

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 18:53, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 16:43, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
> >
> > The newer xserver from this years february bail out with signal 11 when
> > no monitor is connected.
>
> Please try to get a backtrace.

Wish I could... I recompiled your package with debug symbols
(export CFLAGS=-g ; export CPPFLAGS=-g ; fakeroot ./debian/rules binary)
but when I gdb't xserver-xfree86 the machine froze... (and as I always
have to put the notebook to sleep to see something on console this is
really tidious work...though I kept on trying this for say 10 times)

So maybe a more specific description helps:

When I use the version from 2003 everthing is ok, i.e. X comes up with
or without an external monitor attached, output on console is ok (when
there is any/after sleep/power on cycle).

With the 2004-02-28 version, X crashes when no external monitor is
connected. It does however work when an external monitor is connected,
but in any case displays garbage when I switch back to console
(distorted letters, vertical black bars).

HTH,
Soeren.