double resume/suspend cycle

After switching to kernel 2.6 I'm experiencing strange behaviour on wake
up. My environment: kernel 2.6.3-ben2, tibook 4, pbbuttonsd 0.5.6 with
replace_pmud=yes.

I usually put the laptop on standby closing the lid. When I open it
(assuming that at least some minutes are elapsed) again the laptop wakes
up (showing messages on a console-like screen) and after a few seconds
(from 2 to 10) it enter standby mode again. Then I can wake it up using
keyboard and it stays awake.

I've looked in the archive but apparently no one else is experiencing
the same behaviour ...

Cheers.