Re: 2.4.25 kernel: suspend causes freeze on iBook2

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 10:06:13AM -0500, Kevin B. McCarty wrote:
> Hi all,

Please, when you see such problems, fill a bug report to be sure i don't
miss it.

> I am running sid and just installed Sven's 2.4.25 kernel (package
> kernel-image-2.4.25-powerpc-pmac) on my iBook2.  It works perfectly
> with one unfortunate exception: the laptop does not wake up from suspend
> mode when I re-open the lid.  The monitor displays only a pattern of
> vertical colored bars, and it does not respond to any keystrokes (aside
> from the Apple reboot sequence), nor can it be pinged.  This is completely
> repeatable, and it happens whether or not I am running X.
>
> I never had this problem before (upgraded from self-compiled
> 2.4.20-ben10).  I should note that my previous kernel used devfs but the
> kernel of Sven doesn't appear to.

Can you try building 2.4.25-ben1 and see if it works there ?

> Any ideas?  My video hardware (according to /proc/pci) is a Radeon
> Mobility M6 LY, and I load the following modules via /etc/modules at boot:
> udf, evdev, dmasound_pmac, agpgart, radeon, tun, mol.
> In /etc/yaboot.conf I have (snipped):
>
> image=/vmlinux
> 	label=Linux
> 	append="video=radeonfb"
> 	read-only
>
> I get a message at boot that the agpgart module does not exist, but I
> don't know if this also occurred with my previous kernel (having already
> deleted it).

Yeah, i forgot it, will be added in a next version.

> I have installed Michael Daenzer's drm-trunk-module-src package, version
> 2004.02.28-2, compiled and installed the drm-trunk-module-2.4.25-powerpc
> package.  I also have pmud version 0.10-6 installed and running.
> /dev/pmu has permissions of 600, owned by root.root.  pmud config files
> are unmodified, except for /etc/power/levels, which reads:

I hear that from now on, the drm modules should come with the kernel.

Friendly,

Sven Luther