Re: iMac things

[It takes me a while to get around to things sometimes...]

Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org> writes:

> On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 05:54, Iain Georgeson wrote:
> I think we get a PMU message from the button, but I don't know
> for sure. I don't have an iMac to test. You can try reading
> /dev/pmu and see if you get anything relevant

I get something, although I'm not sure about "relevant". It prints @s
and linefeeds.

> Wake-On-Lan is possible with the proper support in the sungem
> driver, but that's for sleep mode, and I didn't implement support
> for sleep mode on those machines at this point. Actually, it may
> work though :)

So there's no chance of WOL from off?

> > Does this thing support DRI and GL? (I don't understand DRI much at
> > the best of times). The display controller is an ATI Technologies Inc
> > Rage 128 RL according to lspci.

Any ideas on this one?

> > The biggie: OpenOffice. I can't find a ppc woody backport anywhere. Is
> > there one?
> You really want testing or woody :)

Did YM "testing or unstable"? ;)

        Iain.

--
Iain Georgeson | http://www.anchovy.durge.org/ | Debian Woody
Unfortunately, our Bright Young PFY will no longer be assisting with