Re: MergedFB on ibook

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 11:29:01 -0600,
Juan Pablo Mendoza gracefully wrote:
>That's because X radeonfb has some hardcoded values for the lcd in the
>12" ibook Radeon M7, if you hardcode thoses values in X too it works
>without usefbdev, check this patch. This has been discused before in
>the list BTW.
>
>http://linuxuanl.org/~jpablo/stuff/ibook-screen/

Many thanks  for the patch.

I just used it to recompile the radeon driver of XFree (From the latest
source (2004-02-28) on people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk-sid). I now
have ClonedDisplay OK with MergedFB, Nice output on both screen.

And furthermore, I can put machine to sleep and awake it in neat state.

Since it is working this way, I think I will not use ben's patch.
Sorry. Any advice on which one is better ?

--
Cedric

"[Of course] I'm French! Why do think I have this outrageous
accent, you silly king-a?!"  Monty Python and the Holy Grail