Re: New xfce4 packages

On Sat, Dec 25, 2004 at 08:18:50PM +0100, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 the mental interface of
> Guido Guenther told:
>
> > On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 05:54:56PM +0100, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > xfce4.2-RC3 and rox-filer packages for ppc now available at
> > > http://www.lxtec.de/debarchiv.
> > Cool. Are there any plans to upload these to debian.org anytime soon,
> > maybe to experimental?
>
> We have to ask the xfce4 maintainer Martin Loschwitz to do that,
Xfce4 is being maintained by several people, not only Martin.

> otherwise to fork the maintanance of xfce4 ;-)
Well, this is exactly what my quistion is about. Why don't you work with
the debian package maintainers of xfce4. Having just another package
repository for packages that should (and can) be in the main archive is
just a bad idea.
Cheers,
 -- Guido