Re: snd-powermac loaded by hotplug

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 05:46:14PM +0000, Joerg Sommer wrote:
> why hotplug doesn't load snd-powermac? I see I can't see the sound card
> with lspci (why?), but is there another way to make this work?

The sound system on the machines that driver supports isn't a PCI
device. It's part of the macio chip (which is a PCI device itself),
which only has its components enumerated in the OF device tree. There
was a patch to hotplug and other components to support detection of
macio devices but I don't think it ever went anywhere. It might need
a little effort and lobbying to get finished and accepted.

Until that happens, you will need to do what the other message
suggested to force the driver to load anyway.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com