Resizing ReiserFS for MacOSX

Hello everybody, since I cannot get my modem working under Linux, I decided to
try MacOSX. The problem is resizing my primary partion, which hosts a
ReiserFS filesystem: how likely it is this operation to fail forcing me to
reinstall/reconfigure all my debian sytem?
And, by the way, how much disk space is MacOSX needed (I have 60gigs and I am
planning to use it only for occasional home connection to the internet, so
I'd rather keep it as small as possible)!