Sound on Powerbook G3

Does anyone know how to configure the sound on my
Powerbook G3 Firewire? I remember when I used to have
Yellow Dog Linux, it configured itself with having
dmasound. The sound worked very well with that setting
but I don't know where to apply that in Debian linux.
I don't think I got the option to input that setting
when I first installed it.

Incidently, I found out that the PCI identifier in
XF86Config-4 had to be set to 0:16:0 for the video to
work. My Powerbook uses an ATI Rage 128 Mobility
chipset and it took me a long time to find the setting
I needed on the NET. I hope that this will be useful
to somebody.

-Michael