Re: swsusp for 2.6.10-rc3

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 08:12:40PM +0000, Joerg Sommer wrote:
> Guido Guenther <agx@debian.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I've put a newer version of the ppc swsusp patches up at:
> >  http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/~agx/linux-ppc/kernel/2.6.10-rc3-agx0.diff
> > The patch contains some other small goodies such as a selectable HZ
> > value (default is 1000, 100 saves some battery) and some alsa and
> > cpufreq fixes.
>
> Are they also available as seperate patches? How mutch time saves HZ=100?
Nope. I didn't bother to split them up again.
As for the HZ=100: I didn't run much on battery lately, so I don't have
any reliable data on this but without the the battery time usually
dropped faster than inidicated by /proc/pmu/battery_0, this seems to
match much better now. More test data is certainly welcome.
Cheers,
 -- Guido