Re: ppc iBook G4 cover and power control

On Thursday 02 December 2004 10:57, Christopher Molnar wrote:
> I use my iBoook G4 on Debian every day, both in and out of the office. I am
> running into a problem that is driving me nuts and I need to solve.
>
> When I close the cover while on battery about 3-4 minutes later the machine
> turns itself off even though I have lot's of life left in the battery.

They are designed to do this to dissipate the heat. If you need the machine to
run with the lid closed, you need a PowerBook.

I don't think it's wise trying to find a way around it, since you will
probably fry the machine (particularly as it seems to run much hotter whilst
running Linux than OS X).

--
Cheers, Chris Howells -- chris@chrishowells.co.uk, howells@kde.org
Web: http://chrishowells.co.uk, PGP ID: 0x33795A2C