Re: bootsplash

Quoting Aurélien GÉRÔME <ag@roxor.be>:

> I activated debugging of dpkg with -D7777, but no errors were actually
> displayed.

I tryed this too.

> By further tests, I saw the installation seems
> to hang in the debian/postinst script at this line :
> '. /usr/share/debconf/confmodule'.  Maybe this is debconf related,
> who knows...

Yes, that is something with /usr/share/debconf/confmodule. If I put an
"exit" in the second line of debian/postinst script then I can install
this package. If I put the exit in the line after '.
/usr/share/debconf/confmodule' then I got the exit status 10...

> Hence, what I did was creating a Debian repository for bootsplash
> powerpc packages with dpkg-scanpackages, putting it on my local mirror,
> and then with dselect, it worked fine.
>
> However, I warn you, despite all my efforts, bootsplash did not work
> at all with radeonfb. :(

I'll try with vesa...

by, Martin