Re: please test new quik with initrd-support (was: Re: getting quik into sarge?

Ce jour Fri, 26 Nov 2004, Sven Luther a dit:

> Mmm, i could test it on the umax apus 2000 and on the pmac 8200/120 i have
> here, need to test that this weekend. quik didn't work yet on the umax, and i
> have never really used it, so some kind of help would be welcome in order to
> set it up.

can start off here:

http://simonraven.nuit.ca/macppc/models.shtml
http://wiki.kisikew.org/bin/view/Know/MacModels

as to the umaxen, i've had relatively easy success with a umax 3000 -
desktop case, though the IDE/ATA on them is pretty fucked. it seems to
take only one device at a time. the SCSI is a generic MESH chipset IIRC.

> Mmm, wondering if there are some kind of ps2 or usb -> adb adapters, so i
> could try using the KVM switch for the apple boxes too.

i think so. dunno how common they are, or are still sold (i don't hang
around computer/electronics stores, i get most of my stuff from dumpsters,
etc.)

> > and, better not to forget, the new quik.deb is available at
> > http://www.ulyssis.org/~p2/debjes/
>
> Thanks,
>
> Friendly,
>
> Sven Luther