Re: heat problems with 2.6.9

On 26 Nov 2004 at 14h11, Jesus Climent wrote:

Hi,

> Ever since i put 2.6.9 to try the sleep patches my fan fires to max
> revolutions and my cpu seems to be hotter than ever. Before it went fired up
> when compiling and/or encoding Oggs, but now even scping some files seems to
> be too cpu-hungry to keep the cpu cold.
>
> Any similar problems out there?

Not noticed here. What laptop do you have, ibook, powerbook? Precise model can
be found in the machine field of /proc/cpuinfo.

Can you trace the temperatures with another kernel not showing the problem and
this one, see if it's the CPU hotter or the fan kicking in sooner ?

Use that for example:
while true; do cat /sys/devices/temperatures/cpu_temperature; sleep 1; done;

you can also cat /sys/devices/temperatures/cpu_fan_speed to see the fan speed

--
Colin