Re: TEST: Sleep patch #4

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 08:38 +0100, Colin Leroy wrote:
> On 24 Nov 2004 at 10h11, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>
> > There are issues with USB, just avoid doing that for now.
>
> I remember that in 2002, with a G3 Lombard and 2.4.18, I once
> plugged an usb-storage device while sleeping and it crashed on
> resume, so these problems aren't really new.
> I'm fine with the "don't do that, then" answer anyway.
> Let's say changing hardware on the kernel while it can't look is
> not nice ;)

I basically agree, but I remember waaaay back, probably when I had the
Pismo, I could (un)plug the mouse while it was asleep and nothing
happened (it didn't even wake up). Of course, (probably too) many things
have changed since then to draw conclusions, but it at least indicates
that this could be handled better.