Re: gdesklets uses 100 % of my cpu

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 23:21:16 -0500
Michel Dänzer wrote:

> > Are you (both) using the mail checker desklet?
>
> I am, but I think it also happened with only MultiTail.

Mmm, I don't know what to say on that :-/

> > If yes remove it; I've seen that desklet eating up all the CPU when
> > is not properly configured.
>
> And how is it configured properly? :)

Well, the last weekend a couple of friends met to configure our laptops
(some iBooks some PCs) and we saw that behaviour when some of them were
adding the LTallmail desklet. After he configured the desklet (with the POP
server, user and pass) the CPU felt down to 1 or 2% as usual. This is what
we call "The paranormal effects of computer-science".

By the way. What particular feature of Gnome does the gdesklets daemon
require? It would be nice to have it under Xfce4 with no gnome daemons
running around.