Problems booting kernel on IBM RS/6000 7043-140

Hi,

I've got problems starting the unstable kernels on my 7043-140.

1. Trying to netboot
 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/installer-powerpc/current/images/powerpc/netboot/vmlinuz-prep.initrd
results in:
  BOOTP S = 1  R = 1
  FILE: /rs6000/boot

  DEFAULT CATCH!, code=fff00000 at   %SRR0: 0021c8c8   %SRR1: 0000b030
I doesn't look like the workstation actually downloads more than a small
part of the image.

On the web I found something saying that arp requests can interrupt the
tftp transfer, so I added a fixed arp entry:
	arp -s 192.168.1.77 08:00:5a:93:c3:da
No change...

I am able to download the image using a tftp client on my PC - so it's not
a problem with the tftpd setup.

2. Trying the floppy image
 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/installer-powerpc/current/images/powerpc/floppy/boot.img
just gives me an 'ok' response but nothing actually happens.

Any hints? What am I doing wrong?

I have been able to boot the workstation with the kernel and debian root
disk available at:
	http://krichard.web.elte.hu/43p-140/
That (woody) root disk's fdisk complained about the partition table to be
incompatible though. Do current kernels/fdisks know how to handle AIX
partition tables?

Thanks
	Johannes