Re: using caps_lock as control in iBook G4

According to Graham Wilson, on Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:35:35 -0600,
>On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 12:05:39AM +0100, Jose A. Ortega Ruiz wrote:
>> hi. i've just installed sid on a new ibook G4 12''. i wanted to use
>> ctrl:nocaps in my XFree86 config, but the caps_lock key reports a
>> 'release key' event immediately after pressing it (without actually
>> releasing it) and, well, it doesn't work... is there any workaround?
>
>I believe there is a kernel patch, but I don't believe it works
>correctly all the time. Unfortunately, one of the downsides of using an
>Apple is that Caps Lock and Control can't be switched.

On my ibook g3, caps lock does not work neither but I like that. Nevertheless, I once
make it work normally with xmodmap. Currently

#> xmodmap -pm
lock
control     Control_L (0x25),  Control_L (0x42),  Control_R (0x6d)

As you can see, there is nothing in lock: Caps Lock (0x42 = 66  from xev) is added to the
Control list.
If you want to have capslock working, remove 0x42 from Control list and add it to the lock
list. The man of xmodmap is pretty good for this kind of manip.

You want something like
#> xmodmap -pm
lock        CapsLock (0x42)
control     Control_L (0x25),  Control_R (0x6d)

Anyway I'm glad to see that there is at least one people on earth using this #$%$#%$# of
capslock... :o)

--
Cedric Pradalier