Re: Why is koffice missing from debian-ppc ?

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 23:03:00 -0500, Albert Cahalan <albert@users.sf.net> wrote:
> Others:
>
> ted
> OpenOffice
> AbiWord
>
> I use ted. It's fast. It works well enough
> for doing a resume at least:
> http://home.comcast.net/~weirdnix/cahalan.pdf

Thank you for the endorsements. I specifically have been wanting to
try kword because I have heard it works like FrameMaker (frames based
layout). FrameMaker has long been a staple in some tech writing
circles because of its strengths and flexibility. Sadly its biggest
liability in the last several years has been that it was bought by
(and has languished under) Adobe.

Fortunately whatever was keeping koffice out of my Debian archive has
been resolved and I will be able to have a closer look soon.