Re: got quik working with OldWorld G3 Beige 233MHz

On Thursday, October 28, 2004, at 12:50 PM, Brad Boyer wrote:

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 03:50:31AM -0400, Rick Thomas wrote:
I may be mistaken, but I believe that <snip...>

Well, it's not really that simple. I'll try to explain as I go
along in the message. <snip...>

Thanks Brad! the extra detail really helps.

Bottom line question... Does the Apple licensing requirement for the drivers and patches mean that (as a practical matter) we'll never be able to write a "free" miboot that can boot off "partitioned media"?

Is a "free" but "floppy only" version of miboot worth the effort?

Rick