Re: Sensors in adt746x

hi,

I've tried your patch, but I can't comment on the changes syncing the fans
because my powerbook just has one.

But when watching the behaviour of the fan speed stepping code I noticed that
it happens quite often that when reducing the fan speed it will get set to
values < fan_speed because of (var > -2). I don't know wether this is
intended but I think it is a indeed a good idea to slightly expand the range
between starting the fan and overriding the value, starting out really slow.
However it would be good to add another check for a reasonably high new_speed
because by changing the fan_speed parameter one could reach fan speeds as low
as 1. Maybe 20 is a good lower bound value...

additionally, it doesn't look like the special case of overriding the
specified fan speed is needed anymore because at var == 8 and latest at var
==9 (because of hysteresis) we reach 255 anyways, but var == 9 also is the
first case where we would override...

regards,
georg kaindl