True state of support for 12" iBook G4

Hello,

I am considering purchasing a new 12" iBook from Apple.  The intent is
to use this with Debian.  However, in researching the state of support
for this unit, I've found wildly contradictory information.  So I'm
wondering if someone could help clear this up for me.

1. Sleep mode.  According to [1], sleep doesn't work at all.  However,
   others are not reporting any trouble with it (basically saying
   everything except the Airport Extreme works fine).  Does sleep work
   on this unit?

2. Video.  Not only are there conflicting stories (ranging from
   "accelerated video will never be available on this unit" to
   "dri trunk already supports it fine"), but I've even seen a thread
   where people were debating whether the unit has NVidia or ATI
   graphics.  What's the story here?

3. The Airport Extreme.  Everybody agrees that it doesn't work now.
   Some people are saying there are projects to reverse engineer it.
   But I've never found any solid info on any of these projects.
   Is there really any hope here, or should I just buy a USB
   device and be done with it?  If I get a USB device, what do you
   recommend?

Thanks!

[1] http://geekounet.org/powerbook/ibookg4.html