VFS Unable to mount root fs

today i compiled the 2.6.9 kernel using the config file

Unfortunately I'm getting an Error, when i try to boot the new kernel:

kernel panic: not syncing VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown block(0,0)

I'm using the newest powerbook g4 1,33 Ghz with the GeForce 5200 64MB. Somewhere i read, that the disk controlller is not supported. On this side i downloaded the recommended kernel 2.4.23 and only this one is working with my book, every other kernel hangs up with this error message, i tested yesterday and got the same result.

I have hdc6 as root, hac4 as bootstrap, hdc3 as MacOsX.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks a lot,