Powerbook G4 15"

Hello,

I am new to this port; please be gentle.

I just got my new shining pbook 15", installed sarge on it using pre-rc2 debian installer, and most of the things worked just fine out of box, which impressed me a lot. Great work!

However there are few things that don't work for me.

1. Sleep. When I close lid, backlight turns off, if I reopen it right away, it will turn back on as expected, however if I wait for few minutes, and then open the lid, pbook won't wake up. I've seen quite a few messages on the list saying that sleep does not work, so I suppose that's expected behaviour.

2. AirPort (as expected)

3. Keyboard is screwed up. Apple button does not work. Ctrl and Alt *usually* work as expected, but not quite always. For instance Ctrl-Tab switches Apps in KDE (instead of Alt-Tab) and Alt-Tab switches desktops (instead of apple-tab). More important Ctrl-E has some bizzare behaviour of putting current window underneath all windows, without loosing focus (!), second Ctrl-E brings window back upfront. That is really confusing, especially for emacs user, like me. I don't quite understand who interferes, here is what I get with xev on Ctrl-E:

---------------------
KeyPress event, serial 28, synthetic NO, window 0x2c00001,
    root 0x40, subw 0x0, time 3952643, (-441,418), root:(657,448),
    state 0x0, keycode 37 (keysym 0xffe3, Control_L), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 0 bytes:  ""

FocusOut event, serial 28, synthetic NO, window 0x2c00001,
    mode NotifyGrab, detail NotifyAncestor

FocusIn event, serial 28, synthetic NO, window 0x2c00001,
    mode NotifyUngrab, detail NotifyAncestor

KeymapNotify event, serial 28, synthetic NO, window 0x0,
    keys:  0   0   0   4   32  0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0
           0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0

VisibilityNotify event, serial 28, synthetic NO, window 0x2c00001,
    state VisibilityPartiallyObscured

VisibilityNotify event, serial 28, synthetic NO, window 0x2c00001,
    state VisibilityFullyObscured

KeyRelease event, serial 28, synthetic NO, window 0x2c00001,
    root 0x40, subw 0x0, time 3953033, (-441,418), root:(657,448),
    state 0x4, keycode 26 (keysym 0x65, e), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 1 bytes:  ""

KeyRelease event, serial 28, synthetic NO, window 0x2c00001,
    root 0x40, subw 0x0, time 3953063, (-441,418), root:(657,448),
    state 0x4, keycode 37 (keysym 0xffe3, Control_L), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 0 bytes:  ""
---------------

I am running stock debian 2.6.8-powerpc kernel, pbbuttonsd, cpufreqd. My XF86Config-4 keyboard section reads:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "macintosh"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"
EndSection

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

--Kirill