Re: PPC64 version of the 2.6.8 kernel

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 06:01, Paddy de Búrca wrote:

> I have read somewhere that thermal does not work in 64-bit - hence my
> fans going at full blast.

There is no difference in machine support between 32 and 64 bits, in
fact, I don't really maintain the 32 bits kernel anymore for g5s.

Thermal control works for all machines of the "first generation"
(PowerMac7,2 in /proc/cpuinfo). For PowerMac7,3, it will work as soon
as Apple deliver the one I'm waiting for (hopefully soon now) and I can
fix the driver.

Sound needs a driver to be written, though we have the specs. Airport
extreme is a lost cause. There is no 3D driver. The rest should work.

Ben.